AMATEUR PIANO Competition (25 and OVER)
The Piano Amateur Competition will commence in May 2016. This round is open to all non-professional piano enthusiasts who are aged 25 and over. The winner of the Piano Amateur Competiton will get to perform at the Final Round of the Thailand Steinway & Sons Piano Competition.
The competition is open to pianists of all nationalities aged 25 or above (i.e. born on or before 1 January 1991) who are resident in Thailand.
This competition is open for non-piano professionals only. Contestants must be employed in non-music related fields (proof of employment required) or retired. Students are NOT allowed to take part.
- SUBMIT APPLICATION: 1 December 2015 - 15 April (Click here to apply)
- COMPETITION: 1 May 2016 at Steinway Showroom (Robinson Piano)
All contestants will be invited to perform for the adjudicators. The Winner will be selected to perform at the Final Round of the Thailand Steinway & Sons Piano Competition on 8 May 2016 at Chadra Ballroom, Siam Kempinski Bangkok.
Contestants are free to choose ANY balanced programme not exceeding 15 minutes
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Applicants are asked to adhere strictly to the time limits. To ensure fairness and impartially, an official audition committee member will serve as a "timer" and will stop a participant should he/she exceeds the time limits.
- There will be no joint winners and only one winner will be selected to perform with the Bangkok Charity Orchestra.
- The Competition Organizing Committee reserves the right to record or video the performance of contestants and winners and to organize all performances related to the competition. No performance fees or royalties will be paid to the contestants.
- The non-refundable fee will have to be paid on application prior to the deadline.
- Steinway & Sons reserves the right to amend and determine the Terms and Conditions of this Regulation.
8,000 Baht cash prize
5,000 Baht cash prize
EARLY APPLICATION (1 December 2015 - 29 February 2016): 2,500 Baht
STANDARD FEE (1 March 2016 - 30 April 2016): 3,000 Baht