CONCERTO Competition (25 and under)
The Piano Concerto Competition will commence in May 2016. The winner of the Piano Concerto Competiton will be invited to perform a piano concerto of choice with the Bangkok Charity Orchestra in its 2016 season.
The competition is open to pianists of all nationalities under the aged 25 or below (i.e. born on or after 1 January 1991) who are resident in Thailand.
Contestants for the Youth Piano Competition are also eligible for the Concerto Competition.
Winners from past Steinway Concerto Competitions are not eligible to participate. However, past contestants and finalists are eligible to participate.
- SUBMIT APPLICATION: 1 December 2015 - 15 April (Click here to apply)
- FIRST ROUND: 1 May at Steinway Showroom (Robinson Piano)
All contestants will be invited to perform for the adjudicators in the First Round. Three finalists will be selected to compete in the Final Round.
- FINAL ROUND: 8 May 2016, 7.30pm at Chadra Ballroom, Siam Kempinski Bangkok
The three finalists will compete for the opportunity to perform with the Bangkok Charity Orchestra in its 2016 season.
FIRST ROUND: Contestants must present ANY two (2) contrasting selections totaling a playing time not more than 15 minutes.
FINAL ROUND: Contestants must perform the FIRST MOVEMENT of the selected piano concerto (see 3.). The Final Round may be performed with an orchestra or second piano accompaniment. The organiser will confirm nearer the time. Contestants will need to provide his/her own accompanist for the performance.
Contestants may choose any concertos from the following composers: Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Grieg, Liszt, Mendelssohn, Mozart, Rachmaninov, Saint Saens, and Tchaikovsky.
All pertinent program details (Composer, Work, Key, Op., No., Hob., K. designations) for each movement of the work intended for performance must be listed.
Contestans must perform from memory.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Applicants are asked to adhere strictly to the time limits. To ensure fairness and impartially, an official audition committee member will serve as a "timer" and will stop a participant should he/she exceeds the time limits.
- There will be no joint winners and only one winner will be selected to perform with the Bangkok Charity Orchestra.
- The Competition Organizing Committee reserves the right to record or video the performance of contestants and winners and to organize all performances related to the competition. No performance fees or royalties will be paid to the contestants.
- The non-refundable fee will have to be paid on application prior to the deadline.
- Eligible candidate for the Youth Piano Competition is also eligible to compete in the Piano Concerto Competiion. The first round will be judged together.
- Steinway & Sons reserves the right to amend and determine the Terms and Conditions of this Regulation.
Piano Concerto performance with the Bangkok Charity Orchestra
20,000 Baht cash prize
10,000 Baht cash prize
EARLY APPLICATION (1 December 2015 - 29 February 2016): 3,500 Baht
STANDARD FEE (1 March 2016 - 30 April 2016): 4,000 Baht